The emphasis of this class is to promote the greater enjoyment of pregnancy and birth through appropriate holistic yoga practices, all of which are carefully and gently adapted to enhance the general health and well-being of both mum and baby. Pregnancy Yoga is nurturing and supportive and provides a quiet space for the mother to develop a relationship with her unborn child. Classes consist of classic yoga postures, breathwork, rhythmical movement, voicework and deep relaxation. Birth preparation is woven through the classes with a focus on breathing techniques, the use of birthing balls and positions for labour and birth.
Suitable for all stages of pregnancy from 14 weeks onwards and pre-booking is essential.
Benefits of practising Yoga for Pregnancy
* Relieves stress, anxiety and tension
* Keeps the body strong and supple without straining
* Boosts energy levels
* Promotes restful sleep
* Can help relieve or prevent common minor ailments during pregnancy
* Can be used to relieve pain in labour and childbirth
* Can help the mother to bond with her unborn baby through breathing and visualisation techniques
* Meet other mums-to-be with whom you can share this experience of being pregnant and becoming mothers
Eleanor is a Mother, a Yoga Alliance Senior Yoga Teacher, an experienced Perinatal Yoga Teacher and Childbirth Preparation Educator, and has worked with the 'Home from Home' midwives in the Ulster Hospital teaching specific breathing & relaxation practices for labour and birth.
Jessica is mum to little boy Samuel. She is a qualified Mum and Baby, Baby Massage and Pregnancy Yoga Teacher, having trained extensively with YogaBellies in Scotland.